Considering A Retrofit For Your 2 Bulb 8' T-12?
Check out our worksheet that we made up as a quick cheat sheet that we use on sales calls to help show a business Owner or Manager how much they could potentially save if they were to do an energy efficient lighting upgrade. This one is a bit small here, but you can download down below.
Haven't Considered A Retrofit Yet?
T-12 fixtures are real drag on your electricity bill. The T12 technology is outdated, so the bulbs are no longer manufactured. So at some point, you are going to have to do something about it.
One option you can surely consider is to actually retrofit your existing fixtures to the new T-8 technology. We have done this on a few projects with excellent results.
But, sometimes the calculations can be a bit overwhelming, so we created this quick spreadsheet which can help you identify if this is something you should be considering or not. For this sheet, we used incentives that we have in Michigan at the moment, so yours may be different. If you just analyze energy savings, that should tell you quite a lot.
Video Explaining How To Use The Cheat Sheet
This cheat sheet is pretty much explains itself. But sometimes things just don't make sense, so check out our video explaining how to use the sheet....Check it out below.....
No Time For The Video?
Here are some quick instructions to get you going....
- Find the Quantity of T-12's you have in your facility.
- Round up the quantity to the nearest 10.
- Locate the number of fixtures in the white column.
- Under the column "Annual Savings Over the Life of Fixture" is the total energy
savings that you would expect over the lifetime of the fixture being installed.
- The gold, blue and yellow columns represent the total incentive that would be available in the Michigan area (for estimating purposes only) from your utility.
- The light green column indicates the amount of Kilowatt/hours you would be saving by doing a conversion from T-12 to T-8 style of fixture.
- The pink column indicates the annual savings expected if you were to retrofit that quantity of T-12's to T-8 fixtures.
Just keep in mind, these figures are only estimates to show you that energy savings is a very real option if you are considering an energy efficient lighting upgrade.
Want To Learn More About Energy Efficient Lighting?
If so, check out our Energy Efficient Lighting eBook, it's FREE...just click on the book below...
Related T-12 and T-8 Lighting Articles: